Whistler’s Best Patios According to Forged Axe Throwing
Whistler is known for world-class skiing, snowboarding, and mountain biking. So what do these three adrenaline-inducing sports have in common? Besides the fact that they take place on a mountain, they include some incredible après on Whistler’s patio restaurants.
If you’re wondering what exactly an après is, it’s the post-sport celebration which typically includes drinks, music, and excellent company.
Whistler locals and visitors alike know that the best way to enjoy an afternoon off the mountain is in the fresh air with views of the athletes and, of course, fantastic food and drink. Thankfully, there is no lack of Whistler restaurants with a view.
Whether you’re in it for the après or simply want a spot to sip a coffee, we’ve got you.
The Best Patios in Whistler
At Forged, we’ve been around the block when it comes to drinks and dinner in Whistler. We know exactly which restaurants have patios, and better yet, which ones are worth your attention. So without out further ado, if you want to dine in Whistler and see something beautiful at the same time, check out our favourite patios below.
The Longhorn Saloon and Grill is the essential Whistler après spot. Located right at the bottom of Whistler Mountain, you can literally ski into a seat at the table. Although dancing on the tables has not yet made a return, you can still enjoy live DJs, fog machines, and stunning light shows to get your party started.
- Pricing: Drinks start at $10, food starts at $12
- Hours: You can get drinks daily from 11 am to 1 am. Food is available Thursday to Monday from 11 am to 10 pm, and from 11 am to 5 pm on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Location: 4280 Mountain Square, Whistler
- Phone: 888-823-7932
Black’s Pub is the quieter sister restaurant to Longhorn. They have not one but two patios, which are perfect for watching the skiers and snowboarders make their descent. Black’s Pub serves lunch, après, dinner, and late-night eats.
- Pricing: Drinks start at $10, food starts at $15
- Hours: Open Monday through Thursday from 2 pm to 1 am, Friday from 2 pm to 1:30 am, and Sunday from 12 pm to 1 am.
- Location: 7-4340 Sundial Place, Whistler
- Phone: 888-823-7932
Although it’s not directly in the centre of the action in the village, Pizzeria Antico has one of the best patios in Whistler and happy hour deals in the city. From 3 to 5 pm, enjoy $4 craft beer pints and $8 Margarita pizzas. Be sure to ask for their chilli oil on the side – mmm, delicious.
- Pricing: Drinks start at $8, food starts at $13
- Hours: Open daily from 3 to 10 pm
- Location: 101-4369 Main Street Whistler
- Phone: 604 962 9226
Dubh Linn Gate Irish Pub
Dubh Linn Gate Irish Pub is one of the best Whistler patio restaurants located near the gondolas in Whistler village. It’s an excellent spot for après, lunch, and even dinner. While not as rowdy as Black’s Pub or Longhorn Saloon, it’s always a great time. We particularly love the spot for live music and great beer. Minors are permitted until 9 pm.
- Pricing: Drinks start at $5, food starts at $13
- Hours: Open from noon to 10 pm
- Location: 4320, 170 Sundial Crescent #170, Whistler
- Phone: 604-905-4047
El Furniture Warehouse
Cheap eats, heated patio seats, and tasty drinks make for happy campers. El Furniture Warehouse is popular with locals and tourists alike for its great vibes. Visit during power hour, where you can get $2 beers between 4 and 5.
- Pricing: Drinks start at $7, food starts at $6
- Hours: Open from 11 am to 2 am
- Phone: 604-962-8848
- Location: 4314 Main St. Whistler
Dusty’s Bar and BBQ
Dusty’s Bar and BBQ is the best patio in Creekside, period. Able to accommodate plenty of guests as well as live bands, it’s one of the oldest bars and restaurants in Whistler.
- Pricing: Drinks start at $7, food starts at $16
- Hours: Open 11:3 am to 7 pm
- Location: 2040 London Lane, Whistler
- Phone: 604-905-2171
Drink like a local on the RMU patio. What’s the best part of this whistler patio restaurant besides their flatbreads? The fact that your dog is allowed to join. In the summer, RMU sets up a bike wash in the corner of their patio. In the winter, they host film premiers and sell their house brand of skis.
- Pricing: Drinks start at $8, food starts at $5
- Hours: Open 7 am to 11 pm Sunday to Thursday, and 7 am to 12 am on Friday and Saturday
- Location: 113-4557 Blackcomb Way, Whistler
- Phone: 604-938-1159
Lift Coffee Company
A coffee shop with one of the best patios in Whistler? Yep, you read that right. In addition to having outdoor outlets to plug your laptop in, the spot serves up delicious hot beverages and sandwiches and is tucked away in the corner of the village.
- Pricing: Drinks start at $3.5, food starts at $8
- Hours: Open from 7 am to 4 pm daily
- Location: 4293 Mtn Sq # 215 Whistler
- Phone: 604-905-6621
Awesome food, fantastic happy hour menus, and a fabulous patio are what to expect at Earls. The Edmonton-based chain caters to everyone from families, ski bums to duos on date night.
- Pricing: Drinks start at $6, food starts at $8
- Hours: Open 11:30 am to 11 pm Monday to Thursday, 10:30 am to 11:30 pm on Friday, and 10 am to 11:30 Saturday.
- Location: 4295 Blackcomb Way, Whistler
- Phone: 604-935-3222
Cinnamon Bear Bar and Grille
Cinnamon Bear Bar and Grille has pool tables, live music, and a large patio complete with personal fireplaces. Don’t underrate this spot within the Hilton Hotel. It’s a favorite for low-key locals.
- Pricing: Drinks start at $4, food starts at $13
- Hours: Open 11:30 am to 11 pm
- Location: 4050 Whistler Way, Whistler
- Phone: 604-966-5057
Whistler Patio Restaurants: Get Drinks, Get an Apres, and a View
No matter the season, you won’t find a lack of Whistler restaurants with a view. We do recommend making reservations if you’re coming through during peak season, however, or you may have to brave a few lines.