Work at Forged Axe Throwing
Forged first opened its doors on March 31st, 2017. Since then we have hosted thousands of people in our indoor axe throwing venue and taught thousands more how to throw axes in our mobile axe throwing experience.
We’re always looking for great people who are looking for a super fun job.
What Does Being an Axe Throwing Host Entail?
We’re a young and really dynamic business and we’re always trying new things, if you like contributing at work and are in for a bit of adventure you will have the best time at Forged.
Some days you will be hosting groups in our space and teaching groups of people how to throw axes, think of bachelor parties, corporate events, birthday parties, and also visitors to Whistler who are looking for something new.
On other days you will be hosting parties with our mobile axe throwing trailer in Squamish, Vancouver, Pemberton, or anywhere else that wants some axe throwing in their lives. Then on other days you might be assisting with building new targets, painting a new trailer, assisting with merchandising, or helping with marketing.
If you have special skills you think would help us out please let us know in your application.
If this sounds like you and you can’t wait to host our next party, apply now!
What An Ideal Axe Throwing Host Look Like:
- Friendly, you’ll be dealing with lots of new people every day. We need to show them a great time!
- You love throwing axes (Or just the idea of it if you haven’t tried it yet)
- Strong communication skills; able to speak concisely and use humor effectively in a group setting. English is a must and other languages are a great plus!
- Strong leadership skills; display high confidence, prior guiding experience is an asset.
- Strong interest in coaching and teaching; enthusiasm for sharing new experiences with others.
- Excel in a team environment; foster a culture of respect, camaraderie and inclusiveness for ALL guests and staff.
- Strong results orientation; do what needs to be done, and take initiative to prevent problems before they occur.
- Experience working in entertainment, hospitality &/or recreation management environment is a plus.
- Valid drivers licence