Whistler Blackcomb Lift Tickets: Everything You Need to Know
Whether you’re an avid skier, snowboarder, mountain biker, or simply looking to add some serious scenic beauty to your Whistler holiday, Whistler Blackcomb lift tickets come in many shapes and sizes. Suitable for any vacation or seasonal adventure.
Every season in Whistler has plenty to offer, both in terms of scenery and the outdoor activities. Depending on the time of the year, you can find passes that offer unlimited, unrestricted skiing, snowboarding and biking as well as Whistler lift ticket discounts on rentals, lessons, lodging deals, and shopping. In addition to these passes, there are also several ticket options for shorter visits.
Being outdoor enthusiasts ourselves, we want to help you make the best of your Whistler trip, and a great way to access some serious outdoor fun, as well as stunning sights, is by lift. The Whistler Blackcomb website can be a tad confusing to navigate through, so we consolidated some key information to give you the rundown on passes and tickets offered.
Winter Season Lift Tickets at Whistler Blackcomb
We know what you want, how to get a deal on lift tickets at Whistler Blackcomb. With the recent sale to Vale Resorts, the cheapest way to save money on life tickets is to get a seasons’ pass and use it – religiously. But more on the Whistler season passes in a second.
Right now lets focus on people looking for one lift ticket, or a few. Enough to cover you for a vacation to whistler, but not enough to warrant a season pass. Surprisingly, there is no standard rate for Whistler Blackcomb lift tickets. Depending on your age, and when you visit tickets range widely. Based on the standard adult rate, here are the cheapest times to book your Whistler vacation.
But, if you’ve already settled on your ski vacation trip dates, how else can you save on lift tickets? Book in advance, book online, and book as a multi-day package.
2018 & 2019 Unlimited Season Pass and Epic Pass
But what if you plan to ride for more then just a handful of times? Its time for a season pass! The Whistler season passes have come down in price (shocker!) from years gone by, and now are much more affordable.
Be sure to make your purchase early, as they are only available leading up to opening day. If you’ve missed the 2018-2109 season pass cut uff, your best bet is an Edge card.
Unlimited Season Pass $1,289 CAD :
- One PEAK 2 PEAK 360 degree experience pass for the 2018 summer.
- Six 25% off lift tickets and six 25% off sightseeing tickets to share with friends and family.
- Half-price pass-holder tickets to many other renowned prominent resorts including Keystone, Heavenly, Northstar, Veil, Kirkwood, Afton Alps and more.
- 20% off on mountain food and hot drinks.
- 20% off on ski and snowboard rentals and equipment tune-ups.
- Up to a 20% shopping discount at 14 locations. In addition to these awesome Whistler lift ticket discounts.
- A whopping 50% off on group lessons and camps, like The North Face Women’s Ski Camps, Ride Tribe and Adventure Camps.
- The full price for an adult is $1,289 CAD or, you can opt for the down payment of $49 (this option is only available if you buy before May 28th), and the remainder of the price will be processed in September. To view more price specifics, click here.
The Epic Pass $899 USD :
- Unlimited skiing and riding at Whistler Blackcomb
- Unlimited and unrestricted access to over 64 resorts, including Vail, Beaver Creek, Keystone, Blackcomb, Telluride Ski Resort, Hakuba Valley in Japan and many more.
- Six “Ski With A Friend” tickets,
- Savings on lodging, drinks, food, and rentals.
- The full price is $899 USD, or, if you hurry in for the chance for a down payment of $49 before May 28th and pay the rest of the cost in September.
If you hurry and purchase before May 28th you’ll receive two buddy tickets (discounted tickets that remain the same price all season long, Ski With A Friend tickets are discounted from the window ticket price, and the cost fluctuates throughout the season).
The Edge Card Starting at $799 CAD (Unrestricted):
- Five or Ten day passes, with a restricted and unrestricted option for both.
- 20% off of snowboard and ski gear rentals at all Whistler Blackcomb rental locations.
- Up to 20% off at 14 shopping locations including The North Face, Columbia and Solomon.
- Discounts on 3 to 4.5-star accommodations in Whistler.
- Multi-resort access: use up to two days on a five-day EDGE card or three days on a ten-day card at 12 other resorts that include Heavenly, Northstar, Vail, Beaver Creek, Kirkwood and more
- Add additional days at 15% off. Prices begin at $799 CAD for a ten-day card or $729 CAD for a restricted ten-day and $459 for five days or $419 for the restricted option.
Click on this link to see the full price list, including children, teen and senior pricing.
PEAK 2 PEAK 360 Degree Experience
What better way to obtain epic mountain views while effortlessly traversing mountain territory than an exhilarating gondola ride? Well, it just so happens that our little mountain town is home to one of the best, a Guinness World Record holder, in fact, the PEAK 2 PEAK gondola. On this suspended chariot, discover beyond-picturesque scenery as you glide between Whistler Mountain and Blackcomb Mountain.
With a season’s pass, enjoy access to over 50 miles of hiking trails, guided tours, mountain-top dining, and various open-chair lifts as you explore the best of Whistler’s alpine wilderness. As a pass-holder, you’ll receive exclusive discounts on lodging, dining, mountain programs, gear rental, tours and shopping around the village and on the mountains.
You can purchase a season pass for $89 if pre-booking (two or more days in advance) or $109 at the window. Two-day tickets are available for $73 (pre-booked) and $78 at the window, as well as one-day tickets that are $58 for pre-booked and $63 at the window. Invite up to two friends to save 25% off of the day ticket rate.
Note: these are adult prices, for more pricing information including the cost for seniors, youths, and children as well as dates that the gondola is open, click here.
Depending on the time of the season you go, while you ride the gondola you can expect to witness awe-inspiring 360 views (the bottoms are silver-glass) of majestic glaciers, pristine lakes, valleys of colourful wildflowers and high mountain peaks. A definite must-see while in Whistler, but we have many more recommendations for sightseeing activities!
Bike Park Passes 2018
**Whistler Bike Park has Closed for the 2018 Season. Updates on the 2019 Season to come!
With over 70 well-kept trails that include options for all skill-levels and wind throughout four different mountain zones, Whistler Mountain Bike Park offers the widest terrain selection of any bike park in North America. You can be sure to satisfy your biking adventure itch at the world’s number one lifted-access downhill mountain bike park.
From smooth trails that gently bend through the forests to steep and windy with huge drops and jumps for a more challenging ride, there is something for everyone on this mountainous playground. Using high-speed quad chair-lifts, carry up to four bikes at a time (every second chair is replaced with a bike rack) and comfortably ride in the passenger chair as you enjoy a quick and scenic view to the top.
There are five pass options:
- Unlimited Bike Park Pass $679 CAD (unrestricted).
- Ten Day Bike Park Pass $455 CAD (unrestricted).
- Five Day Park Pass $285 CAD (unrestricted).
- Twilight Bike Park Pass $275 CAD (ride from 4:30 pm to close).
- TOTW Bike Park Pass $275 CAD (ride one lap per day all season, when peak chair is open).
Note: these are all adult prices, here’s a thorough price list for each pass.
These passes will also treat you to some nice benefits. Take pleasure in 15% off at the GLC Bar & Grill (excluding alcohol), 20% off hot drinks and mountain food, 10% off rentals and a 10% shopping discount at Garbanzo Bike and Bean as well as Summit Sport.
When you buy any of these passes, bring up to two of your buddies per day to receive 25% off on day tickets for the PEAK 2 PEAK 360 Experience. Unlimited Bike Park pass-holders gain unrestricted PEAK 2 PEAK access. With the Five Day, Ten Day, Twilight and TOTW (Top Of The World) tickets you’ll get 50% off of PEAK 2 PEAK 360 Experience within a two-day rate or, receive a discount on the full season pass.
There are also full and partial day ticket options (between one and four days) if a pass is too much of a commitment. You have the option of selecting specific days or choosing from The Sampler or Extended Play tickets.
The Sampler is a great option if you’re new to mountain biking and want to give it a shot or if you’re simply short on time. This three-lap ticket is $36, and you can upgrade to a full day if you decide you want more. The Extended Play runs from 3:30 pm to 8:00 pm.
Whatever your alpine preference, be it short-term or full-season, we highly recommend jumping on a Whistler Blackcomb lift ticket for aerial perspectives from the roof of Whistler. Being one of the world’s top ski destinations, a trip to Whistler just isn’t complete without exploring its mountain culture. So grab your mittens (or bike) and transport yourself to another world!