100 Things to Do in Whistler, BC
You’re coming to Whistler? Lucky you! Now what?
Get the exciting going and really dig into what this little ski town has to offer. Hint, it’s not just skiing. It’s biking, hiking, bobsledding. It’s craft beer, baked treats, and fine dining. It’s axe throwing, zip-lining, partying, and SO much more.
To help you get started on your weekend in Whistler, or your season, we’ve got a full list of 100 great things to do in Whistler.
Grab a Great Cup of Coffee
- Get a coffee for the go from Delish Café in Function Junction
- Or a hot drink from PureBread just down the road from there
- Or sip on a drink with views at the Fix Café at the Nita Lake Lodge
- Ingrid’s has a cosy vibe for that morning brew
- Or Mogul’s for another coffee in the Village.
Dig into Some Baked Goods
- Treat yourself to a delicious brownie at PureBread
- Or grab a waffle at Hot Buns bakery.
- Have an authentic French crepe from Crepe Montagne
- Try some homemade bread from Alpine Café
- Eat and drink to your health at the Green Moustache
Get your Adrenaline Pumping
- Plunge 50m towards the Cheakamus River with Whistler Bungee
- Zip across a valley on the longest zipline in North America with Ziptrek
- White water raft along the Elaho River with Wedge
- Speed down an Olympic Bobsleigh Track at the Whistler Sliding Centre
- Jet down rapids to Nairn Falls with Whistler Jet Boating.
Get Out in Nature and Go for a Hike
- For an easy walk stroll around Lost Lake
- Take a short hike to Brandywine Falls
- Hike up to the phenomenally blue waters at Garibaldi Lake
- Visit three stunning lakes with Joffre Lakes hike
- Celebrate completing the sea to summit hike with a beer at the Summit Lodge.
Go Shopping in the Village and at the Markets
- Buy local artisanal goods at the Made in Whistler Market
- Visit Prior for bespoke, handmade snowboards and skis
- Browse some beautiful gems at Rocks and Gems
- Treat yourself to local goods at Whistler Farmers Market
- Try on handcrafted clothing at 3 Singing Birds.
Go to the Callaghan Valley
- People watch at the Brandywine Day Lodge during the winter season
- Snowshoe to Alexandra Falls
- Strap on a headlight and go night skiing
- Cross country ski with dogs
- Go Nordic skiing with the family.
Explore Function Junction
- Sip on a local brew at Coast Mountain Brewing
- Eat a delicious brunch at The Wildwood Cafe
- Hurtle down AM/PM mountain biking trail
- Dress to impress with some consignment finds at deja vogue
- Throw some axes with us here at Forged!
Go for a Road Trip
- Drive up to the Callaghan Valley- use snow tires in winter
- Take a ride to Pemberton and grab some locally crafted liquor
- If you’ve got a four-wheel drive, drive up to the trailhead of Ancient Cedars and go for a hike
- Cruise along the Sea to Sky for gorgeous views of the Howe Sound
- Take a trip to Fergie’s Café in Squamish and drive along the forested Squamish Valley Road.
Adventure on the Mountain
- Watch or take part in Crankworx mountain biking festival
- Go check out a train wreck on a hike
- Get yourself on the Peak 2 Peak gondola for breathtaking views
- Feel vertigo on the newly opened Cloudraker Skybridge
- Get yourself a pass and go skiing or snowboarding down the slopes.
Dig into Lunch
- Keep it cheap, cheerful, and taco-friendly with La Cantina
- Grab a slice of pizza on the go from Avalanche Pizza
- Enjoy scenic views of Green Lake from the patio at Table Nineteen
- Watch bikers or skiiers come down the slopes from the patio view at the GLC
- Have a romantic dinner at Alta Bistro.
Take an Adventure Rig for a Spin
- Explore the backcountry on a RZR tour
- Release your inner Nordic on a dog-sled tour
- Take a trip to frozen lakes on a snowmobile
- Even better, experience a moonlight night time snowmobile tour
- Rent a mountain bike and try out the Lost Lake Loop.
Big Water Adventures
- For a kid friendly whitewater rafting adventure, check out the Green River run with Wedge
- Go for a swim in Alta Lake- bonus points if it’s not in the summer season
- Take a SUP down the River of Golden Dreams
- Rent a kayak and paddle Alta Lake to Green Lake
- Learn about fishing on a guided tour.
Learn About Local Culture
- Visit the museum at the Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre
- Learn how to carve stone at Fathom Stone Art
- Check out local artwork at the Audain Art Museum
- Head to a seminar at the Whistler Museum
- Visit a state of the art building with Lost Lake PassvHaus
Take to the Skies Above the Sea to Sky
- Catch a float plane from Vancouver to Whistler
- Take a tour of the mountains by float plane
- Go heli-skiing with friends on the tops of mountains
- Zip through the night on a zipline
- Try tandem paragliding with Sea to Sky Paragliding.
Treat Yourself to Relaxation
- Relax with a massage at Aviva Massage Spa
- Enjoy a pedicure at Eco Chic Spa
- Relish in an entire day at the spa at Scandinave Spa
- Get a spa at the Spa at Nita Lake Lodge
- Smarten up with a hot shave at Pins and Needles
Shell Out Big Bucks on Dinner
- Have dinner in an ice cave with The Blue Room Cornucopia event (only $25,000 for two)
- Enjoy oysters at Araxi restaurant
- Go back to basics with Hy’s Steakhouse
- Get food cooked in your own luxury rental with Bearfoot Bistro catering.
- Can’t choose? Go on a Whistler Tasting Tour of some top restaurants.
Enjoy an After Dinner cocktail
- Cool off with vodkas at the Ketel One Ice Room
- Listen to mariachi music whilst sipping on margaritas at the Mexican Corner
- Have seasonal cocktails at Alta Bistro
- Enjoy the famous martinis at the Mallard Lounge and Terrace at the Fairmont
- Sip on cocktails by a lake at the Cure Lounge & Patio.
Hit the Clubs and Dance the Night Away
- Catch a killer DJ at the GLC
- Listen to some club classics at Tommy Africa’s
- Sway at the salsa night at Buffalo Bills
- Get sweaty dancing at Maxx Fish
- Listen to DJs and dance at Merlin’s Bar and Grill
Grab a Late Night Snack
- Grab a meal for $4.95 at El Furniture Warehouse
- Eat comfort food at 21 Steps Kitchen and Bar
- Go for a pizza slice at Fat Tony’s Pizza
- Enjoy a full meal of food until 1am at The Stonesedge
- Grab some appies at the Longhorn Saloon & Grill.
Sleep in Style at One of These Fine Accommodations
- Save money by staying at the HI hostel
- Or go camping for free by Green Lake
- Stay in your RV at Whistler RV Park
- Try staying in a yurt at Riverside Resort Camping
- Stay in luxury at the Fairmont Chateau.
The best part about Whistler is that even with 100 things to do in here, we failed to cover them all. With the unlimited hiking opportunities in the mountains around us, the numerous paddling opportunities in the rivers and lakes, not to mention Whistler Blackcomb itself – getting into nature is worth an entire list of its own.
We barely touched on the Village. The shops, the eats, the drinks – we only highlighted some of our favourites – but missed many more. Take an entire day to explore the winding pedestrian streets; we are sure you can find a hidden treasure or two.
And what about Function Junction? It’s our neighbourhood after all and increasingly filled with likeminded people. Come down to visit us for the day. Our axe throwing hosts would absolutely love to chat your ear off about what to see and do in this fine town of ours.